Monday, June 24, 2013

2 parts resin+1 part hardener, mix 1 min, add wood flour as needed, repeat.......... 305hrs

Epoxy Table, I'm spending a lot of time standing here:)
The title about sums up what I've been doing the past few days and it looks like what I'll be doing for the next few days. With the measuring cups, mixing cups and other stuff it seems a 3/4 cup per mix is about optimum, especially when using fast hardener. I would like to mix larger amounts but with the weather warming up, 75degF in the basement, the Fast hardener is too fast. It starts to kick in about 10-15 minutes, heck it becomes warn to the touch in the cup before I can walk from the epoxy table to the boat. So I have to be ready to spread it out quickly to slow down the reaction. Using the slow hardener extends the initial cure time to 2-3 hours. Thats great for working it but I then have to remember to come back to smooth the fillets, like on the bulkheads, later before it kicks hard and be careful not to get a wayward elbow in a soft fillet:)
An early pour.

Bow, stem area. Keel timber finished with fiberglass, stem still
needs more epoxy build up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment