Sunday, July 31, 2011


I've pretty much gotten my working area ready to go with the build. There are a few items still to iron out, like where my epoxy station will be. I did try a few practice items. First, I made an 8:1 scarf using some scrap pieces of wood. I got it made using saws and belt sander but I think I'm going to invest in a hand held power plane. I think there are going to be enough scarfs to make that tool earn a location on my bench. Next, I made some notches like will be needed to the deck stringers. Couple cuts on the table saw and a little chisel work and they looked good, but my old chisels are pretty tired so I'm going to get a couple new ones and treat these right. I was pretty happy since I've never did either of these things before. Starting to feel like I know an tiny bit about wood working.

No comments:

Post a Comment