Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Pre-build has begun.

Hi, I plan to document the building of a Wharram Tiki 30 catamaran here. Just a few days ago my wife and I did the high-five and agreed to the build. We have lived aboard a Catalac 10m and Heavenly Twins 26', both catamarans since 2005. The Catalac was a condocat and sailed like it. The HT was much better but still had a hull beam to water line length ratio too low( under 1:12) so she still could not sail faster than the wave length limit. But they were both good full time live aboard boats. Now that we have a home ashore again, we,I, decided a boat more sailing performance is what we want. I've admired the Wharram boats for many years and the opportunity to sail a pro-built Tiki 30 in Jupiter Fl a week ago sold us.

The first pre-build steps are to get plans and get cash. On the first I'm in contact with a guy in California for plans, he's decided to build a Tiki 26. On the 2nd point we've begun selling stuff we no longer need. I'm selling Porsche 356, 911 parts, manuals, a 2002 Goldwing GL1800A, a 1966 BMW R69S, and a 1991 MacGregor 26S. I figure that if I get a decent price for this stuff the Tiki 30 materials should be covered! So today I placed three items on eBay and one on the 356Registry.
This is a photo of the beautiful  Tiki 30 built by BoatSmith of Jupiter Fl

No comments:

Post a Comment